- Impotence Slideshow Pictures
- Sex-Drive Killers Slideshow: Causes of Low Libido
- Take the Low Testosterone Quiz
- What are oral anabolic steroids, and how do they work?
- What are the uses for these drugs?
- Are these drugs abused?
- What are the side effects of oral anabolic steroids?
- What drugs interactions occur with this class of drugs?
- List of generic and brand names available for oral anabolic steroids available in the US
- What formulations are available?
- Is it safe to take these drugs if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding my baby?
What are oral anabolic steroids, and how do they work?
Anabolic steroids are orally-ingested, synthetic (man-made) drugs that act like testosterone. They cause growth and development of male sexual organs, secondary sex characteristics, and increases in muscle size and strength.
What are the uses for these drugs?name="uses">
What are the uses for these drugs?
This class of drugs are used for the treatment of:
They also are used for replacing testosterone in men with low testosterone levels.
Quick GuideEnlarged Prostate (BPH) Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.