- Bacterial Infections 101 Pictures Slideshow
- Take the Tummy Trouble Quiz
- Hepatitis C Slideshow Pictures
- What is ampicillin?
- Is ampicillin available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for ampicillin?
- Why is ampicillin prescribed to patients?
- What are the side effects of ampicillin?
- What is the dosage for ampicillin?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with ampicillin?
- Is ampicillin safe to use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about ampicillin?
What is ampicillin?
Ampicillin is an antibiotic used for treating bacterial infections.
Is ampicillin available as a generic drug?
Quick GuideSymptoms of Mono: Infectious Mononucleosis Treatment
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.