Disclaimer

aminolevulinic acid solution applicator - topical, Levulan (cont.)

OVERDOSE: This medication may be harmful if swallowed. If swallowing or overdose is suspected, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately. US residents can call the US National Poison Hotline at 1-800-222-1222. Canada residents can call a provincial poison control center.

NOTES: It is very important to keep all of your scheduled medical appointments. This treatment works only if your doctor gives the blue light treatment at the proper time after applying the medication.

MISSED DOSE: Not applicable.

STORAGE: Store the unmixed solution/applicator at room temperature between 68-77 degrees F (20-25 degrees C) away from light. Brief storage between 59-86 degrees F (15-30 degrees C) is permitted. Keep all medicines out of reach of children and pets.After this medication is mixed, it should be used within 2 hours. Discard the applicator and any unused portion of the medication.Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. Properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist or local waste disposal company for more details about how to safely discard your product.


Last Editorial Review: 9/22/2010



Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration

You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Pill Finder Tool

Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.


Back to Medications Index

copyright


STAY INFORMED

Get the Latest health and medical information delivered direct to your inbox!