Patient Comments: Amblyopia - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your amenorrhea?

Comment from: jazzy2, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 13

I have had no issues with my periods prior, they were regular; I was on and off birth control. I have had one pregnancy before which ended in a miscarriage. None since, I have not had a period now for about 7 months, while I am on birth control now, the same one I have been on before, I have just stopped menstruating. I have gone to my primary care physician (PCP) one time after I missed my period three months in a row and they weren't really concerned. I take a pregnancy test every month just to make sure, and all are negative.

Comment from: divya, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 20

I am 28 years old and never got my period by my own (suffering from hypothalamic amenorrhea). In my childhood I suffered from mumps. My uterus is hypo-plastic and breast was not developed fully. My pubic hair was also very less. My bone density was low and I never ovulate naturally. Currently I am on medication (since I was 16 year old) and lots of changes are taking place like breast size has increased, a lot more pubic hair and there is an improvement in the uterus size.

Comment from: amex, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 14

I'm suffering from amenorrhea. My period has stopped for more than 3 months. I feel very restless from my stomach, and now I have white color discharge from my vagina.

Comment from: opute, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 04

I'm 20-year-old college student. I miss my period now and then. My period started when I was 12 years old. But this time I missed it for two months. I have been having stomach pains, feel tired all day, and cannot eat very well as before. I am about to travel out of the country for an exchange program, but I'm afraid of what will happen when I'm not home. I really need help.

Amenorrhea - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with amenorrhea.
Amenorrhea - Diagnosis Question: How was amenorrhea diagnosed?
Amenorrhea - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your amenorrhea?