Patient Comments: Alternative Treatments For Hot Flashes - Experience

Please describe your experience with alternative treatments for hot flashes of menopause.

Comment from: patrick58, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 16

I might be experiencing hot flashes after a period of 2 years without them; I started having them in my late 40's. The hot flashes diminished after a few years. I am now 58, and when urinating (with urgency), experience an intense sweating, and it feels like fever. Are these hot flashes, or is this common when urinating? Or are these fevers? Does anyone else experience this?

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 16

Due to medical problems I had a hysterectomy at age 40. I had horrible hot flashes especially at night and couldn't get a decent night's sleep. I was falling asleep at my job and basically was exhausted throughout the day. Because several members of my immediate family have had breast cancer HRT's were out of the question. My doctor prescribed Bellergal-s and it worked miracles I was finally able to sleep through the night and stay awake during the day. Unfortunately, the medication is no longer available and I am at my wits end!

Alternative Treatments for Hot Flashes - Treatments Question: What alternative treatments for hot flashes did you try?
Hot Flashes of Menopause - Alternative Treatments Question: Did you receive an alternative treatment for your lymphocytic colitis? If so, what was it?