Patient Comments: Allergies - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your allergies?

Comment from: capodad, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 29

It started about 5 years ago and only maybe once a year. My allergy symptoms are on one side only one eye will start rapid tears and I have continual tearing and nasal drip, and nonstop sneezing. It's very strange how it only affects one side of my face. Symptoms last about 2 days usually, and then disappear for maybe a year. It seems very intense at the time and I have no other health issues. The first time was when I went up to the mountains. I live at the beach. It started again yesterday afternoon while I was working in a nearby town and continued this morning only upon awakening and rising. At first I thought I developed hay fever, but I'm beginning to think it's related to change in barometric pressure. It's very sporadic in nature; its late October now.

Comment from: albertn, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 25

The symptom pattern with every attack of itching allergy is: Severe cold and fever for 2 - 3 hours (shaking) followed by a day of sore body (typical flu symptoms) followed by severe itching all over the body under the skin (no rashes) for a day, followed by burning sensation in my hand, palms, and feet soles and redness with red spots under the skin at night time. Heat and warm clothes aggravate the symptoms and cold water alleviates the severity temporarily. The first attacks started in winter July 2013. Doctors eventually found gallstone blockage and removed my gallbladder. All went well and then same symptoms started again in June 2014. Nothing so far has helped for the itching or the hand/feet burning. It is very severe and don't know what to do anymore.

Comment from: A Chronic Sufferer, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 11

I get skin allergy, i.e. itching, practically anywhere and most parts even all over body, any time, under any conditions, i.e. hot and dry; hot and moist; cold and dry; cold and wet; over bare or covered parts; while sleeping or awake; sweating or dry. Under similar circumstances I may be feeling good at one time and develop allergy another time. It can be very acute and disturbing, even painful. Cetirizine 10mg may be helpful some time. At another time even 60mg of same may not help. Even Allegra 120mg dose may be helpful once but no effect at another time. Have had various tests done in India, Germany, UK, etc., but without conclusions. Problem was there from the day I can remember as a child.

Comment from: sneezy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 18

I have never had any problem with allergies, but I spent 2 days continually sneezing. Both eyes tearing up as though crying. I"m 53. I feel bad for those who have suffered through this for more years than myself. As trivial as sneezing may sound, it was horrible.

Comment from: sushila, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 16

From March 2013 I started taking Thyronorm 100 mg tablets for hypothyroid. From the next day onwards my whole body started itching. I consulted my doctor, he said to go to a skin specialist. The skin specialist gave a cream and medicine for 15 days. Till the time I was on medication there was relief from itching but as the medico got over it has again stated itching and it is very severe. I am confused what to do. Before taking thyroid medico I had never had this problem of itching.

Comment from: bnt32, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 25

I am a diabetic patient, l was told that my heart was covered with fats, so I bought herbal drugs. After taking the herbs for a few days, I developed rash at the left side of my lungs and it is very painful.

Comment from: bug, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 29

Two days ago my eyes were streaming tears. I felt great otherwise and did not feel like I was getting a cold. Yesterday I developed a swelling under my eye. I tried icing to get swelling down and cleaned everywhere, even washed my blanket and washed the molding down. A smaller swelling developed under my eyelid both just appearing under my right eye. Today after taking a warm shower the tears reappeared which I did not have yesterday. I don"t know if this is just allergies or something more serious.

Allergies - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with allergies.
Allergies - Causes Question: What causes your allergy symptoms? What are you allergic to?
Allergies - Asthma Question: Do you have asthma along with your allergies?
Allergies - Food Question: Have you ever experienced anaphylaxis due to a food allergy?