Patient Comments: Allergies - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your allergies?

Comment from: A Chronic Sufferer, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 11

I get skin allergy, i.e. itching, practically anywhere and most parts even all over body, any time, under any conditions, i.e. hot and dry; hot and moist; cold and dry; cold and wet; over bare or covered parts; while sleeping or awake; sweating or dry. Under similar circumstances I may be feeling good at one time and develop allergy another time. It can be very acute and disturbing, even painful. Cetirizine 10mg may be helpful some time. At another time even 60mg of same may not help. Even Allegra 120mg dose may be helpful once but no effect at another time. Have had various tests done in India, Germany, UK, etc., but without conclusions. Problem was there from the day I can remember as a child.

Comment from: sneezy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 18

I have never had any problem with allergies, but I spent 2 days continually sneezing. Both eyes tearing up as though crying. I"m 53. I feel bad for those who have suffered through this for more years than myself. As trivial as sneezing may sound, it was horrible.

Comment from: sushila, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 16

From March 2013 I started taking Thyronorm 100 mg tablets for hypothyroid. From the next day onwards my whole body started itching. I consulted my doctor, he said to go to a skin specialist. The skin specialist gave a cream and medicine for 15 days. Till the time I was on medication there was relief from itching but as the medico got over it has again stated itching and it is very severe. I am confused what to do. Before taking thyroid medico I had never had this problem of itching.

Comment from: bug, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 29

Two days ago my eyes were streaming tears. I felt great otherwise and did not feel like I was getting a cold. Yesterday I developed a swelling under my eye. I tried icing to get swelling down and cleaned everywhere, even washed my blanket and washed the molding down. A smaller swelling developed under my eyelid both just appearing under my right eye. Today after taking a warm shower the tears reappeared which I did not have yesterday. I don"t know if this is just allergies or something more serious.

Comment from: karen, 3-6 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 28

My granddaughter, who is 4 has a recurring rash/blisters that appear all the time. She scratches these until they bleed. Today my daughter called after taking her to the general physician (GP), she has blisters in her buttocks and her front, and this happens a lot. The GP has sent an urgent letter to dermatology and needs to do a fasting blood test, he has mentioned diabetes. Both my daughter and son-in-law have eczema and asthma and the mother in law on the dad's side has a lot of allergies.

Comment from: zymzabob, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 31

I have dealt with allergies to everything from animals to grass and pollen since I was 5 years old. In my adult years, I have noticed that, while still sensitive to certain things year round, my biggest problem is from late summer until the first good frost of the season. During this time, my primary symptom is flu/cold-like. While I have minor sneezing and itchy eyes issues during this time, the biggest problem is the feeling of fatigue, sleepiness and body aches. Does anyone know of medication(s) for allergies that treat these symptoms? It seems like most allergy meds treat sneezing, coughing, congestion and itching symptoms, but nothing for fatigue and body aches that I experience annually from late summer through late fall.

Comment from: lei, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 01

I have large pimples and itchiness on my face.

Allergies - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with allergies.
Allergies - Causes Question: What causes your allergy symptoms? What are you allergic to?
Allergies - Asthma Question: Do you have asthma along with your allergies?
Allergies - Food Question: Have you ever experienced anaphylaxis due to a food allergy?