Patient Comments: Allergies - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your allergies?

Comment from: rex, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: November 13

It starts with itchy eyes and then my face swells up. I get launched into an all day sneeze fest that lasts about 12 hours or more. I sneeze so much and so hard my shoulders and back begin to hurt. I sneezed over 200 times yesterday, each time worse than the last. I'm incapacitated when this happens and no medicine works. I've heard that it has something to do with the change in weather and pressure in the air.

Comment from: Sam, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 18

With my allergies, my left eye area including eyebrow and upper lid get swollen making my left eye half close. At first it appeared as if a mosquito had bitten it. The swelling disappeared after a few hours to appear again after four days, but this time it was more pronounced but again it went away. After four days it has again appeared but it is more pronounced, spreading and slightly itchy. Is it hives? I took levocetirizine, but without any appreciable effect.

Comment from: groovy3, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 12

I get an irritated throat and cough, with inability to catch my breath around certain odors or smells, i.e. colognes, perfumes, incence, candles, and room deodorizers.

Comment from: hrp, 7-12 Female (Patient) Published: February 28

I am 11 years old and skin problems are terrible. They are all over my head and legs. I can't help but to scratch them until I bleed.

Allergies - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with allergies.
Allergies - Causes Question: What causes your allergy symptoms? What are you allergic to?
Allergies - Asthma Question: Do you have asthma along with your allergies?
Allergies - Food Question: Have you ever experienced anaphylaxis due to a food allergy?