Patient Comments: Allergies - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your allergies?

Comment from: Tayer, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: May 26

Food allergies, which I realized were from mostly processed foods, stomach cramps, hives on stomach,legs and hands. Nickel allergies to a piercing itching, stinging, contact dematitis.

Comment from: abush, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 11

When my allergies act up I ghave itchy skin, red bumps, swollen eyes and lips.

Comment from: Dee, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 13

I have esophageal spasms and hives on my torso and arms. I have allergies to other things but have never had a reaction like this.

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: January 26

My allergy symptoms started this past summer. I noticed I would feel hot to the point of sweating. My skin would burn, get red and start to itch. Wherever I would scratch would instantly swell and look like hives that would spread. Now it's winter, it's still happening, but I haven't found the cause.

Comment from: 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 25

Our daughter now 7 has an abundance of allergies. Dust mites and animal dander are high on the list. She had had a scratch test many years ago. (3) Her environment around the home she primarily lives has mold surrounding bathroom vent, dog and cat urine and feces infested carpet, dust that is one inch thick, the carpet in not vacuumed, her stuff animals are not washed, her bedding is not covered properly and mattresses are older than 5 years old.

Comment from: Joy, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: January 18

I am allergic to anything with a sulfur base in it. I ate grapes that I didn't know to be treated with Sulfur Dioxide. I had a major outbreak of hives. My face, hands, and feet swelled up. When this happened I began to experience extreme pain from the joints around the swollen areas. I also felt sick to my stomach and could not eat. During the whole thing from beginning to end I was a terrible itchy mess.

Comment from: Genz, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: January 18

I have skin eruptions, sinus, and itchiness in the eyes, nose and ears. At times my chest feels very itchy and I cough and sneeze even when I have not caught a cold.

Comment from: rex, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: November 13

It starts with itchy eyes and then my face swells up. I get launched into an all day sneeze fest that lasts about 12 hours or more. I sneeze so much and so hard my shoulders and back begin to hurt. I sneezed over 200 times yesterday, each time worse than the last. I'm incapacitated when this happens and no medicine works. I've heard that it has something to do with the change in weather and pressure in the air.

Comment from: Sam, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 18

With my allergies, my left eye area including eyebrow and upper lid get swollen making my left eye half close. At first it appeared as if a mosquito had bitten it. The swelling disappeared after a few hours to appear again after four days, but this time it was more pronounced but again it went away. After four days it has again appeared but it is more pronounced, spreading and slightly itchy. Is it hives? I took levocetirizine, but without any appreciable effect.

Allergies - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with allergies.
Allergies - Causes Question: What causes your allergy symptoms? What are you allergic to?
Allergies - Asthma Question: Do you have asthma along with your allergies?
Allergies - Food Question: Have you ever experienced anaphylaxis due to a food allergy?