Patient Comments: Allergies - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your allergies?

Comment from: Allergic to grass, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 24

Red, itchy eyes, sinuses, feeling sleepy and flu like symptoms, until I took a blood test l did not know that l was allergic to grass. This had affected me since childhood and unfortunately my five year old son is also allergic to dust mites. My late father was asthmatic.

Comment from: ahtatu, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 10

The last time I took a cough medicine with codiene, my palms itched, and the bottom of my feet itched terribly. I didn't know I was allergic until then.

Comment from: crow., 55-64 Male Published: June 21

After eating some pork with a seasoning on it I had a allergic reaction. A few minutes later I had a hard time breathing, my jaw felt like someone hit me, and I've got a major headache.

Comment from: Tayer, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: May 26

Food allergies, which I realized were from mostly processed foods, stomach cramps, hives on stomach,legs and hands. Nickel allergies to a piercing itching, stinging, contact dematitis.

Comment from: abush, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 11

When my allergies act up I ghave itchy skin, red bumps, swollen eyes and lips.

Comment from: Dee, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 13

I have esophageal spasms and hives on my torso and arms. I have allergies to other things but have never had a reaction like this.

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: January 26

My allergy symptoms started this past summer. I noticed I would feel hot to the point of sweating. My skin would burn, get red and start to itch. Wherever I would scratch would instantly swell and look like hives that would spread. Now it's winter, it's still happening, but I haven't found the cause.

Comment from: 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 25

Our daughter now 7 has an abundance of allergies. Dust mites and animal dander are high on the list. She had had a scratch test many years ago. (3) Her environment around the home she primarily lives has mold surrounding bathroom vent, dog and cat urine and feces infested carpet, dust that is one inch thick, the carpet in not vacuumed, her stuff animals are not washed, her bedding is not covered properly and mattresses are older than 5 years old.

Comment from: Joy, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: January 18

I am allergic to anything with a sulfur base in it. I ate grapes that I didn't know to be treated with Sulfur Dioxide. I had a major outbreak of hives. My face, hands, and feet swelled up. When this happened I began to experience extreme pain from the joints around the swollen areas. I also felt sick to my stomach and could not eat. During the whole thing from beginning to end I was a terrible itchy mess.

Comment from: Genz, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: January 18

I have skin eruptions, sinus, and itchiness in the eyes, nose and ears. At times my chest feels very itchy and I cough and sneeze even when I have not caught a cold.

Allergies - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with allergies.
Allergies - Causes Question: What causes your allergy symptoms? What are you allergic to?
Allergies - Asthma Question: Do you have asthma along with your allergies?
Allergies - Food Question: Have you ever experienced anaphylaxis due to a food allergy?