Patient Comments: Allergies - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your allergies?

Comment from: peteypete, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: December 03

Itching, scratching, redness and swelling.

Comment from: frank, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: December 03

Redness on my skin, face, and scalp.

Comment from: TK, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 12

Heavy swelling of the eyes. Below the eyes and eyelids.

Comment from: Ora, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 30

Each morning until Mucinex begins to work, I am spitting up blobs of mucus, and I can't stop coughing. Then, after it wears off (12 hours later), the mucus and the coughing return. Before it begins to work my eyes are swollen, my face (across the eyes nose) feels swollen and bloated. I don't have energy; sometimes I have a hard time breathing. I know that I have an allergy to smoke, dust, and some animals. Out of the many things that I have used, MucinexD is the only one that stops the mucus and the coughing.

Comment from: CarolH, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 16

All of a sudden I have swollen lip (alternately bottom or top lip - never both at the same time). Also eye would be swollen shut (again one at a time). I've always had sensitive skin to soaps, lotions, etc. causing skin rash or "both" eyes reacting but this is something different. We were away for three days and I was fine. I was home for about 6 hours and all of a sudden I felt my upper lip blowing up to about 4 times its thin size! It's feels like when the dentist numbs you and you try to drink - you dribble all over. This is driving me crazy.

Comment from: studio1, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 23

Two days ago, I woke up in the middle of the night with extreme itching all over my body. It got so bad that I had to go to the pharmacy and bought Benadryl and some type of topic Anti-Itch gel that really didn't work. Earlier that day I had trail mix that contained almonds and walnuts. I have never been allergic to nuts or anything for that matter in my life. Some people say that stress brings on allergic reactions in people but I have dealt with that in the past with no problems. After going to the doctor this morning with welts and horrible itching, he prescribed Claritin and Prednisone.

Comment from: Allergic to grass, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 24

Red, itchy eyes, sinuses, feeling sleepy and flu like symptoms, until I took a blood test l did not know that l was allergic to grass. This had affected me since childhood and unfortunately my five year old son is also allergic to dust mites. My late father was asthmatic.

Comment from: ahtatu, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 10

The last time I took a cough medicine with codiene, my palms itched, and the bottom of my feet itched terribly. I didn't know I was allergic until then.

Comment from: crow., 55-64 Male Published: June 21

After eating some pork with a seasoning on it I had a allergic reaction. A few minutes later I had a hard time breathing, my jaw felt like someone hit me, and I've got a major headache.

Allergies - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with allergies.
Allergies - Causes Question: What causes your allergy symptoms? What are you allergic to?
Allergies - Asthma Question: Do you have asthma along with your allergies?
Allergies - Food Question: Have you ever experienced anaphylaxis due to a food allergy?