Patient Comments: Allergies - Causes

What causes your allergy symptoms? What are you allergic to?

Comment from: rhodesia, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 05

I have developed a horrid, itchy rash. It started as a tiny area on the hairline on the back of my neck and has gradually spread. My right chest was next affected then neck up to beard line. Now 3 to 4 weeks later it has got me over the whole of my chest and upper back, all around my neck, right shoulder traveling down to my elbow. You can only see it in the right lighting so it is not obvious, not red or weeping but it itches like crazy and I am starting to make myself sore and bleeding. I have previously had asthma but no longer. I once had an allergic reaction to worm/parasite treatment after using it twice a year for years. The doctor told me to stop as anaphylactic shock could occur! I have really bad itching from codeine where I rip into my skin but this is different. I am getting desperate. Medicine here in Bulgaria is very expensive so trial and error is not an option.

Comment from: piano teacher & acco, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: May 01

I have a runny nose all day long. When I eat a meal, my nose runs. I feel like there is mucous in the top of the back of my throat and I can't swallow it.

Allergies - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with allergies.
Allergies - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with your allergies?
Allergies - Asthma Question: Do you have asthma along with your allergies?
Allergies - Food Question: Have you ever experienced anaphylaxis due to a food allergy?