Patient Comments: Allergies - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with allergies.

Comment from: Anamika, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 14

I am allergic to dust. I get frequent sneezes, running nose, irritation in nose, itching in upper palate of buccal cavity and itching in ears too. There is frequent sneezing in the morning and the condition worsens mostly in winter.

Comment from: khan, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 31

I have allergic rhinitis as diagnosed by the doctor. Medicines prescribed are, for one month, tablet Myteka 10mg one every day, tablet Zatofen one per day and Ticovate nasal spray. My forehead remained heavy, nostrils remained blocked. Other effects, my hair became gray/white and I get a smell in mouth, and I don't like breakfast at morning. This problem is with me for more than six years.

Comment from: Michele, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 19

My eyes itch and then swell overnight causing me to spend over an hour each morning with tea bags and ice on my eyes to leave the house. When the swelling shrinks I am left with bags and deep wrinkles. This happened last March but went away quickly. This year it started in February and is still going on. I had allergy testing which said I was allergic to mold and dust mites only. I have forced hot air heat with vents but have been in the house for 15 years without this occurrence.

Comment from: Jhi, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 11

I have an eczema, and it"s really itchy especially around summer or mostly on hot days. My allergy is found on my hands. When I was in high school, I didn"t know that time that it was eczema, my left hand got too serious that I had to go to my doctor to have an injection. My hands was like coated with a flour then fried on the pan. I was injected 2 times with multiple shots. After that I took some prescribed medicine and cream to heal them.

Comment from: vix, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 14

With allergies I get hive like hard, red rash; sometimes it stings. It is the size of a 25 cent, kind of blotchy-ish, on my chest, arm area, a single one on my rib, a few on my back and also the neck area as well. My upper arm had a cluster of 3 that was bright red.

Comment from: Sharon S, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I have dark circles under my eyes because of allergy.

Comment from: Leeann, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 28

I have red itchy eyes with clear crust in my eyes in the morning.

Comment from: meg, 25-34 (Patient) Published: January 02

I had a time when I eat too much oily food like barbeque or grilled pork steak I started having rashes and its itchy same goes for the food that have preservatives.

Comment from: Ambereyes, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 05

Prior to my being taken into hospital, on 22 December 2010, I had never ever experienced any cold-like, flu or allergy symptoms. But now, I, continue to do so up to the present day, unexpected very loud spasms from deep-rooted sneezing episodes, which leave me feeling cold within and feeling very worried, and isolated. I have reason to believe I may have an allergy problem.

Allergies - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with your allergies?
Allergies - Causes Question: What causes your allergy symptoms? What are you allergic to?
Allergies - Asthma Question: Do you have asthma along with your allergies?
Allergies - Food Question: Have you ever experienced anaphylaxis due to a food allergy?