Patient Comments: Allergies - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with allergies.

Comment from: MrsMoore, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 27

Every day, when I go to work, after being there for an hour or so, I get a drippy nose and what feels like sinus pressure. I don't have this at home or anywhere else.

Comment from: coco, 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 30

She has a rash on the neck, chest and now the left cheek on her face.

Comment from: Tammy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 01

I have intermittent left eye lid twitching, intermittent numbness, tingling of upper lip and intermittent flash of dizziness while standing or sitting.

Comment from: Helen, 3-6 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 28

I have swollen eyes and a type of eczema.

Comment from: saty, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 24

I am sneezing every day from my allergies and my eyes hurt when I go outside and the air hits my eyes.

Comment from: mo, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 24

I have just started having shortness of breath with my allergies but only when in high humidity. I have never had any breathing problems before.

Comment from: Moonshiner, Male (Patient) Published: April 05

I suffer from chronic ear itchiness. An examination by my doctor showed no abnormalities or signs of infection, and I have no known allergies. Any ideas?

Comment from: jain, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 22

I'm 25yrs old female. I had a problem suddenly 5 years before. One afternoon my hands turned red and started itching. It kept spreading through out my body along with high fever. My whole body was burning with heat and itching continuously. My parents applied cold cream on my body. At that time my whole body had turned Red with rashes. Doctor told it was due to some allergy and prescribed levocetirizine 5mg tablet. It worked out well on me and I was alright next day morning with no marks or rashes on my body. This continued many times in my life after this incident and every time I carry this tablet without fail along with me. This has happened at least 8 times in past 5 years. I am very tense about it and want to find a solution for it. How can I find out the actual cause for it?

Comment from: Gretel, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 01

I never had any allergies until I turned 51. Now I have an itching throat and very itchy eyes every night after my shower, before bed, and through the night into the morning. I may be allergic to mornings! Sometimes my nose runs, then gets stuffed up, and my eyes water all morning long as I sneeze again and again. On most days, I seem a little better by about 10:30 a.m. when I am at work. I took all perfume soaps and any irritants out of my shower. I don't wear perfume or deodorant. I take Zyrtec every night before bed. Could I be allergic to Zyrtec? I tried to quit taking it, but that made me very sick. I couldn't breath and my eyes and throat itched much worse. It seems that when I wet my hair and wash may face, my throat immediately itches. I just don't know. Anyway, I am very miserable. This has been going on now for nearly two years.

Allergies - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with your allergies?
Allergies - Causes Question: What causes your allergy symptoms? What are you allergic to?
Allergies - Asthma Question: Do you have asthma along with your allergies?
Allergies - Food Question: Have you ever experienced anaphylaxis due to a food allergy?