Patient Comments: Allergies - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with allergies.

Comment from: Riatsalawhit, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 25

At Christmas while in Bangkok Thailand I was eating in a restaurant when out of the blue I had an allergic shock after eating fish my throat tightened up my limbs felt limp and by the time I reached Hospital my body was completely blue from head to toe. In fact I was all but dead. I believe the staff had to pump life back into me and I woke the following morning with tubes in my nose and I was unable to talk. I wouldn't like to go through that experience ever again. Since having an allergy test I've now found that the cause is either fish (cod) or walnuts.

Published: July 28

I have developed an allergy to alcohol and find it very confusing and frustrating to get an answer on whether or not I can continue to have a glass or two once in a while or if I shouldn't. My doctor advised that if I continue to drink alcohol, ever, it will make the symptoms become more severe and could lead to anaphylaxis, as I currently get shortness of breath and hives after drinking.

Comment from: anxious, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 01

I have rash on neck and cheeks. It's itching a bit all over.

Comment from: Ciriza, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 09

I have itchy eyes, nose, and back of neck, and sores on my back from scratching.

Comment from: Carla, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 13

I woke up this morning with swollen eyes, one nearly swollen shut, the other not too bad; but lips and cheeks are swollen as well.

Comment from: JR, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 12

I have runny nose, runny eyes, swollen eyes, sneezing, and itchy roof of mouth and lips.

Comment from: Montreal, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

My eyelids are puffy due to allergy, and under the eyes puffy. My face is red, I have itchy eyes and face and my face is warm.

Comment from: Sharon S, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I have dark circles under my eyes because of allergy.

Comment from: Leeann, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 28

I have red itchy eyes with clear crust in my eyes in the morning.

Comment from: Nyob, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 13

Allergy has caused bumps all over my neck, face and back.

Comment from: layson, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 26

I have an allergy now in my pubic area. It's like pimples and it's so itchy. Now it's getting more until it came down to my legs. The doctor gave me hydrocortisone but it hasn't still gone and it is already a month.

Allergies - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with your allergies?
Allergies - Causes Question: What causes your allergy symptoms? What are you allergic to?
Allergies - Asthma Question: Do you have asthma along with your allergies?
Allergies - Food Question: Have you ever experienced anaphylaxis due to a food allergy?