Patient Comments: Allergies - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with allergies.

Comment from: Moonshiner, Male (Patient) Published: April 05

I suffer from chronic ear itchiness. An examination by my doctor showed no abnormalities or signs of infection, and I have no known allergies. Any ideas?

Comment from: jain, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 22

I'm 25yrs old female. I had a problem suddenly 5 years before. One afternoon my hands turned red and started itching. It kept spreading through out my body along with high fever. My whole body was burning with heat and itching continuously. My parents applied cold cream on my body. At that time my whole body had turned Red with rashes. Doctor told it was due to some allergy and prescribed levocetirizine 5mg tablet. It worked out well on me and I was alright next day morning with no marks or rashes on my body. This continued many times in my life after this incident and every time I carry this tablet without fail along with me. This has happened at least 8 times in past 5 years. I am very tense about it and want to find a solution for it. How can I find out the actual cause for it?

Comment from: Gretel, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 01

I never had any allergies until I turned 51. Now I have an itching throat and very itchy eyes every night after my shower, before bed, and through the night into the morning. I may be allergic to mornings! Sometimes my nose runs, then gets stuffed up, and my eyes water all morning long as I sneeze again and again. On most days, I seem a little better by about 10:30 a.m. when I am at work. I took all perfume soaps and any irritants out of my shower. I don't wear perfume or deodorant. I take Zyrtec every night before bed. Could I be allergic to Zyrtec? I tried to quit taking it, but that made me very sick. I couldn't breath and my eyes and throat itched much worse. It seems that when I wet my hair and wash may face, my throat immediately itches. I just don't know. Anyway, I am very miserable. This has been going on now for nearly two years.

Comment from: Ray Norman, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: November 14

I get flu like symptoms and sleep. I always sleep with muscle tiredness. The muscles are not sore. This goes on for 3 or 4 days and then goes away. This symptom does not get any worse. The 3 or 4 days are all the same. It is like the first day of flu but does not turn into flu.

Comment from: james, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: November 14

I am breaking out with hives from my neck down to my feet. But it only happens at night. I haven't started any new medication or brought anything new in my house so i don't know what it is.

Comment from: Lily, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 22

I suffer from repeated sinusitis, but I am beginning to think I must be allergic to something. My symptoms are pain, a blocked feeling to the right side of my face, general malaise, headaches and runny eyes. I am 52 years old, I have a dog and a cat, and I spend a lot of time in my garden and outdoors. I have seen the ENT consultant who has prescribed Nasonex spray and has stated surgery may help. I am thoroughly fed up with constantly feeling this awful.

Published: July 10

Itching all over the body, top to bottom, recently was affected by Typhoid fever for the second time in last six months, lack of sleep and stress.

Comment from: Cathy Mwina, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 22

I am a 52 yr old lady and I started getting lip discoloration 2 year ago and it is getting worse especially when I come across something allergic to my system. I suffer from allergic rhinitis which has become worse with the age. The other day I was in a function hall where they were decorating with fresh flowers and out of the blue that evening I could not sleep and in the morning my lips were all sore, red and swollen and I cannot seem to find a cure. As I send this I'm in very bad state.

Allergies - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with your allergies?
Allergies - Causes Question: What causes your allergy symptoms? What are you allergic to?
Allergies - Asthma Question: Do you have asthma along with your allergies?
Allergies - Food Question: Have you ever experienced anaphylaxis due to a food allergy?