Patient Comments: Allergies - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with allergies.

Comment from: Riatsalawhit, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 25

At Christmas while in Bangkok Thailand I was eating in a restaurant when out of the blue I had an allergic shock after eating fish my throat tightened up my limbs felt limp and by the time I reached Hospital my body was completely blue from head to toe. In fact I was all but dead. I believe the staff had to pump life back into me and I woke the following morning with tubes in my nose and I was unable to talk. I wouldn't like to go through that experience ever again. Since having an allergy test I've now found that the cause is either fish (cod) or walnuts.

Published: July 28

I have developed an allergy to alcohol and find it very confusing and frustrating to get an answer on whether or not I can continue to have a glass or two once in a while or if I shouldn't. My doctor advised that if I continue to drink alcohol, ever, it will make the symptoms become more severe and could lead to anaphylaxis, as I currently get shortness of breath and hives after drinking.

Comment from: Nyob, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 13

Allergy has caused bumps all over my neck, face and back.

Comment from: layson, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 26

I have an allergy now in my pubic area. It's like pimples and it's so itchy. Now it's getting more until it came down to my legs. The doctor gave me hydrocortisone but it hasn't still gone and it is already a month.

Comment from: MrsMoore, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 27

Every day, when I go to work, after being there for an hour or so, I get a drippy nose and what feels like sinus pressure. I don't have this at home or anywhere else.

Comment from: coco, 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 30

She has a rash on the neck, chest and now the left cheek on her face.

Comment from: Tammy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 01

I have intermittent left eye lid twitching, intermittent numbness, tingling of upper lip and intermittent flash of dizziness while standing or sitting.

Comment from: Helen, 3-6 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 28

I have swollen eyes and a type of eczema.

Comment from: mo, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 24

I have just started having shortness of breath with my allergies but only when in high humidity. I have never had any breathing problems before.

Comment from: saty, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 24

I am sneezing every day from my allergies and my eyes hurt when I go outside and the air hits my eyes.

Allergies - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with your allergies?
Allergies - Causes Question: What causes your allergy symptoms? What are you allergic to?
Allergies - Asthma Question: Do you have asthma along with your allergies?
Allergies - Food Question: Have you ever experienced anaphylaxis due to a food allergy?