Table of Contents
- Allergy facts
- Allergy overview
- What is an allergy?
- What is an allergy? (Continued)
- What causes allergies?
- What causes allergies? (Continued)
- Who is at risk for allergies and why?
- What are common allergic conditions and what are allergy symptoms and signs?
- Allergic rhinitis (hay fever)
- Allergic eyes (conjunctivitis)
- Eczema (atopic dermatitis)
- Hives (urticaria)
- Allergic shock (anaphylaxis)
- Where are allergens?
- In the Air We Breathe
- In What We Ingest
- Touching Our Skin
- Injected Into Our Body
Asthma is a respiratory condition that results from inflammation and hyperreactivity of the airways, leading to recurrent, reversible constriction of the airways. Asthma can often coexist with allergic rhinitis. Other common triggers include respiratory viral infections and exercise. Common symptoms include the following: