In this Article
Medications that increase the breakdown of other medications by the liver (Cytochrome P450 3A4 [CYP3A4] inducers)
Interaction Rating: Moderate Be cautious with this combination.
Talk with your health provider.
Alkanna is broken down by the liver. Some chemicals that form when the liver breaks down alkanna can be harmful. Medications that cause the liver to break down alkanna might enhance the toxic effects of chemicals contained in alkanna.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions