- Bacterial Infections 101 Pictures Slideshow
- Take the Tummy Trouble Quiz
- Hepatitis C Slideshow Pictures
- What brand names are available for albendazole-oral?
- Is albendazole-oral available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for albendazole-oral?
- What are the uses for albendazole-oral?
- What are the side effects of albendazole-oral?
- What is the dosage for albendazole-oral?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with albendazole-oral?
- Is albendazole-oral safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about albendazole-oral?
What is the dosage for albendazole-oral?
The dosing of albendazole depends on which parasitic infection is being treated. When treating young children, tablets may be crushed or chewed and swallowed with a drink of water. Patients are advised to take albendazole with food.
Which drugs or supplements interact with albendazole-oral?
Grapefruit juice may increase in blood levels of albendazole when administered concurrently. Fosphenytoin (Cerebyx) and phenytoin (Dilantin) decrease levels of albendazole by increasing its breakdown.
Quick GuideSymptoms of Mono: Infectious Mononucleosis Treatment
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.