Patient Comments: Agoraphobia - Symptoms

What were your symptoms associated with agoraphobia?

Comment from: thafantasy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I want to leave town so bad, but I haven't because of this fear I have of travelling on the highway, bridges, and going to unfamiliar places I never been before. I feel like this agoraphobia is controlling my life, and I feel very helpless and hopeless a lot of times. I don't know what makes me feel afraid to even get in a car, bus or train if I am about to travel on the highway; I am so scared that I have been just avoiding the whole situation all together. I need help, and I want to be set free from this!

Agoraphobia - Treatments Question: How do you treat or manage your agoraphobia? Do you take medication?
Agoraphobia - Experiences Question: Please share your experiences of agoraphobia.