Patient Comments: Adult-Onset Asthma - Experience

Please describe your experience with adult-onset asthma.

Comment from: Angierose60, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 05

I moved from Los Angeles, California to Southern New Mexico nine years ago. The very first winter I experienced an asthma attack. I never had one before. I had a cold, then bronchitis and then asthma. It seems, the longer I live here my asthma seems to be getting worse. I see physicians. The only thing that seems to help is prednisone and albuterol plus using a nebulizer. I only have trouble with asthma about once or twice a year but it can last for a few months.

Adult-Onset Asthma - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your adult-onset asthma?
Adult-Onset Asthma - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your asthma?