Adult-Onset Asthma Index
Adult-onset asthma is asthma that is diagnosed in people over 20 years of age. Symptoms include wheezing, coughing, shortness of breath and difficulty breathing. Treatment may involve anti-inflammatory medications or bronchodilators.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Nosebleed is common in dry climates during winter months, and in hot dry climates with low humidity. Individual taking blood...learn more »
In This Article
- Nosebleed facts
- What causes nosebleeds?
- How do you stop the common nosebleed?
- How do you prevent the nose from bleeding again?
- What if a person has frequent nosebleeds?
- What precautions can you take to prevent nose bleeding?
- When should you call your doctor
or go to an emergency room for a nosebleed?
- What should I do if the doctor has placed nasal packs?
Menopause is the time in a woman's life when menstrual periods permanently stop, also called the "change of life." Menopause...learn more »
Bronchitis is inflammation of the airways in the lung. Acute bronchitis is is short in duration (10 to 20 days) in comparison...learn more »
An allergy refers to a misguided reaction by our immune system in response to bodily contact with certain foreign substances. ...learn more »
Obesity is the state of being well above one's normal weight. A person has traditionally been
considered to be obese if they are...learn more »
In This Article
- Obesity facts
- What is obesity?
- How common is obesity?
- What are the health risks associated with obesity?
- What causes obesity?
- What are other factors associated with obesity?
- How is body fat measured?
- What about weight-for-height tables?
- What is the body mass index (BMI)?
- Does it matter where body fat is located? (Is it worse to be an "apple" or a
- What can be done about obesity?
- What is the role of physical activity and exercise in obesity?
- What is the role of diet in the treatment of obesity?
- What is the role of medication in the treatment of obesity?
- What about herbal fen/phen?
- What about meal substitutes, artificial sweeteners, and over-the-counter (OTC) products?
- What is the role of surgery in the treatment of obesity?
- How can patients choose a safe and successful weight-loss program?