Adenoids and Tonsils Index
Tonsillitis is a
contagious infection with symptoms such as:
Tonsillitis can be caused acute infection of the tonsils, and several
types of bacteria or viruses (for example, strep throat or mononucleosis), chronic tonsillitis,
and peritonsillar abscess. Treatment of tonsillitis and adenoids include antibiotics and other medications depending on the cause,
symptom relief, and in some cases, surgery (tonsillectomy or adenoidectomy ).
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Swollen Lymph Nodes
Lymph nodes help the body's immune system fight infections. Causes of swollen lymph nodes (glands) may include infection (viral,...learn more »
Sore throats are generally described as pain or discomfort in the throat area. A sore throat may be caused by:
bacterial...learn more »
In This Article
Sore Throat Article
- Sore throat facts
- What is the difference between sore throat and strep throat?
- What are the causes of sore throat?
- What are the signs and symptoms of a sore throat?
- Is a sore throat contagious?
- When should I see a doctor for a sore throat?
- How is strep throat diagnosed?
- What are home remedies to soothe a sore throat?
- What over-the-counter (OTC) medications will soothe a sore throat?
- Are antibiotics necessary for a sore throat?
- What can I do if I have a sore throat and am pregnant?
- What if I have multiple recurrent episodes of strep throat?
- How can I prevent a sore throat?
In This Article
Eustachian Tube Problems (Ear Tube Dysfunction, Blockage) Article
- Eustachian tube definition and facts
- What is the function of the Eustachian tube?
- What causes Eustachian tube dysfunction or blockage?
- What are the signs and symptoms of Eustachian tube dysfunction?
- What home remedies help clear Eustachian tube blockage?
- What is the medical treatment for clearing Eustachian tube dysfunction or blockage?
- What about Eustachian tube surgery?
- How do changes in altitude or air travel affect Eustachian tube problems?
Pneumonia is inflammation of the lungs caused by fungi, bacteria, or viruses. Symptoms and signs include cough, fever, shortness...learn more »