Patient Comments: Addison's Disease - Treatments

What was the treatment for your Addison's disease?

Comment from: TagMan49, (Caregiver) Published: September 17

If you are out of options with the medical fraternity then I suggest looking at homeopathy, or find someone who is using the Indigo biofeedback machine. Those things can be amazing at rooting out the real issues

Comment from: Kat Mac, 45-54 Female Published: February 13

I was in my early 30's when I couldn't keep a conversation while walking on the treadmill. I just wrote it off. During the next 6 months it was like I was dying a slow painful death. While I was getting ready in the mornings, I couldn't stand up straight as I was out of breath (orthostatic hypertension). I had to bend over while showering and sit in a chair putting my make up on and drying my hair. I just hoped I didn't "drop" any of my patients as I was still doing my physical therapy job. I went to the doctor weekly telling her, I am not right, something is wrong with me." My journal entries during those days were dark. Ie," God if this is living, take me Home." This went on from October of 1 year until April of the next year I went to the ER, my BP was 50/30; my hemoglobin was 5 ( it should be around 14). I was knocking on death's door. Medications gave me life back, but still I had to learn how to "self-manage" my Addisonian crisis's. No one teaches you this. That was 15 years ago and living a great life.

Comment from: chancy, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: January 31

I was diagnosed with Addison's at age 20 after almost 6 years of significant signs, symptoms, and times of crisis. I was told by several doctors over the years that I was just dehydrated and depressed. I have even been called a hypochondriac. My mom actually found it online and had the doctor run an ACT test on me and my levels were 1400. I have since been diagnosed with polyendocrine failure: addison's, hypothyroidism, cardiomyopathy. I'm on an aldosterone replacement. Have your doctor check this level if you crave salt, and a testosterone injection as well. I take OTC DHEA and it seems to help with my testosterone level. It has been almost 5 years since I was diagnosed and I still to this day struggle frequently to do the things a normal person can do but it doesn't stop me from pushing my limits.

Addison's Disease - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms at the onset of your Addison's disease?
Addison's Disease - Share Your Experience Question: Were you or someone you know diagnosed with Addison's disease? Please share your experience.
Addison's Disease - Causes Question: If known, what was the cause of Addison's disease in you or a relative?