Patient Comments: Bursitis Shoulder - Treatment

What treatment was effective for your bursitis?

Comment from: jenna, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 14

I had the injections for bursitis and sadly they didn't work but I tried a second injection and still no luck. The injection is very painful to have and now I would rather put up with the pain instead of the injection, it's cruel to be awake for that injection.

Comment from: Brigitte, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 07

I have had bursitis diagnosed for about a year in the left hip. It gives me a great deal of discomfort at night and I can feel it the minute I lie in bed. It is not localised to the hip area and stretched down the whole of my leg. It feels as if the tendons inside my leg were pulled like an elastic about to break and at times this feeling goes as far down as my ankle. I have stopped anti inflammatory treatment and have avoided injections to date. if anyone can give me some advice on other treatments i would be very grateful.

Comment from: anonymous, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 22

I had bursitis in my right shoulder last year for six months. And now, my bursitis is gone. I can wear my bra now without the help of my husband and any of my children. My husband who is a seaman read an article in an old newspaper while they are on board that an actor who had been suffering from bursitis used only a topical oil named Oil of Oleia and his bursitis was cured. I bought that kind of topical oil in select drug stores only.

Comment from: Mare, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 21

Thank you everyone for letting me know that I am not alone in this struggle to adjust to and accept my chronic bilateral trochanteric bursitis. I have had every treatment possible, including surgery and PRP injection (platelet rich plasma), ALL of which were giant wastes of money and time.

Bursitis - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with bursitis.
Bursitis - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your bursitis?