Patient Comments: Acupuncture - Conditions

For what condition did you receive acupuncture treatment? Did it help?

Comment from: cierian, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 30

I had a fractured calcaneus (heel bone). After surgery it healed but there was residual habitual pain that wouldn"t go away. I went to an acupuncturist for 8 treatments using electricity in the needles and had pain relief after 3 treatments. I took all 8 and the pain left and never returned. He was an MD and he used steroid injections in the points for 2 treatments along with a regimen of vitamins, anti-depressant and a Chinese herbal tea concoction.

Comment from: Mid-Fifty Missus, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

Two years ago I underwent a full abdominal hysterectomy to remove a very large fibroid. I was thrown into menopause and have endured hot flushes, 10 to 15 daily, plus night sweats, that left me with little sleep and basically tired throughout the day. Although my doctor wanted to put me on a variety of medicines (hormone replacement therapy, high blood pressure pills or antidepressants) that have been known to provide relief to some sufferers, I was not willing to endure their side effects - some that could be life threatening. I started going to a qualified acupuncture doctor 2 weeks ago, and the results were amazing! I have been able to sleep throughout the entire night - first time in 2 years, and my daily hot flushes are not as severe. It has given me hope that I can survive this normal change in a woman"s life. Wish I had done this 2 years ago!

Comment from: DML, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I received acupuncture treatment for pain and nerve damage from lower back on down my legs. The acupuncture did not hurt, put the 5th treatment was a little tender. At the 6th time it did hurt. I asked why. He said it was because the nerves where awake. It was wonderful to have no more pain and be able to get down on the floor and get back up without any difficulty! Insurance should cover this. It really works without drugs or surgery. The cost is a little high, but well worth it.

Acupuncture - Process Question: Have you had acupuncture? Please describe your experience.