Patient Comments: Actinic Keratosis - Treatments

What was the treatment for your actinic keratosis?

Comment from: sandysandals, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 11

I am 62 and have had actinic keratosis for at least 10 years. I have them on my forehead and cover them with my hair. However, I began juicing about six weeks ago, and I also started taking 10 drops of grapefruit seed extract every day. I started both about the same time. I noticed two days ago that all of the keratosis bumps are gone. Also, the sun damaged spots on my cheeks are gone. One little spot is fading. I am totally amazed and flabbergasted. I thought I would have the worst of them removed but now I don't have to. I have no idea if it is the juicing or the extract, or a coincidence, but something has caused them to disappear. I juice 1 green apple, 1/2 stalk broccoli, 2 stalks celery, 1 small beetroot, 1/2 cucumber, 2 carrots and a handful of spinach every day. I add 10 drops of grapefruit extract to it.

Comment from: block15, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 02

I was diagnosed squamous cell carcinoma on my shoulder, 5 years ago. It was surgically removed and not returned. I have numerous actinic lesions on my face and have used 5-flurouracil cream and liquid nitrogen every 2 years. I have to have this checked every year. I am 60 and had a great deal of sun exposure in the past. I worked outside for 20 years. I have been fortunate so far.

Published: July 06

I have just found out a have an actinic keratosis, on my nose, the only way I found it, was that it felt sore where my glasses rested. Very tiny spot, with only a few crusts. The doctor has put me on Efudix cream for 12 weeks. It seems to be getting better, although the cream causes a lot of redness, and is sore under my specs.

Comment from: Dee, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 12

I just had four keratosis "freezed" on my face, they were suppose to blister and go away, all spots are very red and itchy, I was told by my dr. this would go away very soon.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 26

I was diagnosed with Actinic Keratosis and the dermatologist immediately applied Liquid Nitrogen to the affected areas that I was concerned about. After reading on this site that it is wise to be checked annually to ensure there are no new spots, I find it funny that the doctor did not check herself.

Comment from: rabbie, Male (Patient) Published: May 02

I was prescribed an ointment called Fatty Ointment it affected the area around the spot making my face very red, after weeks of using this cream there was no effect on the itching.

Actinic Keratosis - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with actinic keratosis.
Actinic Keratosis - Location on Body Question: If you're prone to actinic keratosis, where on your body do they usually appear?
Actinic Keratosis - Diagnosis Question: Describe your experience with actinic keratosis. How was it diagnosed?