Patient Comments: Actinic Keratosis - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with actinic keratosis.

Comment from: Youngone, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: May 20

I am 21 years old and at 16 I was a lifeguard and by law we were forced to wear SPF 65. Our managers would watch us to make sure we put it on. Although I was very careful and reapplied the sun block throughout the day I still got skin damage. I got my first (and hopefully only) actinic keratosis on the bridge of my nose when I was 18 years old. Thankfully my fiance and I have a Medical Spa (my fiance is a physician) and he lasered it off with a 1540 nanometer laser (very powerful). I also got a Papilloma on my leg which was cut off and right away grew back-so I must have it cut out! Thank God it is benign! I like the sun, but apparently it doesn't like my skin.

Comment from: jane, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 02

I am due to have treatment on Tuesday next week for actinic keratosis. I am a woman and worried sick whether to go ahead with this, as I do not want to look scarred and unsightly.

Actinic Keratosis - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your actinic keratosis?
Actinic Keratosis - Location on Body Question: If you're prone to actinic keratosis, where on your body do they usually appear?
Actinic Keratosis - Diagnosis Question: Describe your experience with actinic keratosis. How was it diagnosed?