Patient Comments: Actinic Keratosis - Location on Body

If you're prone to actinic keratosis, where on your body do they usually appear?

Comment from: Mickeyfin, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 27

I have had hundreds of AK (actinic keratosis) lesions over the last 5 years. The most effective treatment has been imiquomod, though it brings out sub clinical lesions. I was disease free for 2 years and it has returned. I am a red head freckled pale skin person raised in sunny California. I expect to require treatment the rest of my life, but the alternative of sub clinical lesions is worse, so I tolerate it and point it out as the result of too much sun. Now I do not go out in the sun and my skin is softer and smoother. This sun tan look that was so popular has harmed too many people.

Comment from: Barbara Ann, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 23

I don't know if I'm prone to this actinic keratosis, but I have this spot on my lower lip, that almost feels like a chapped lip. It's only about 1/2 " long, but it looks a bit darker than normal lip color. I've had it for about 1 1/2 weeks, and this AM, I noticed a little red bump, right on the lower line of my lip. I've been keeping Neosporin on it continuously, which doesn't seem to help. My skin color is white, and I'm Irish and German.

Actinic Keratosis - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with actinic keratosis.
Actinic Keratosis - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your actinic keratosis?
Actinic Keratosis - Diagnosis Question: Describe your experience with actinic keratosis. How was it diagnosed?