Patient Comments: Actinic Keratosis - Location on Body

If you're prone to actinic keratosis, where on your body do they usually appear?

Comment from: Barbara Ann, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 23

I don't know if I'm prone to this actinic keratosis, but I have this spot on my lower lip, that almost feels like a chapped lip. It's only about 1/2 " long, but it looks a bit darker than normal lip color. I've had it for about 1 1/2 weeks, and this AM, I noticed a little red bump, right on the lower line of my lip. I've been keeping Neosporin on it continuously, which doesn't seem to help. My skin color is white, and I'm Irish and German.

Actinic Keratosis - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with actinic keratosis.
Actinic Keratosis - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your actinic keratosis?
Actinic Keratosis - Diagnosis Question: Describe your experience with actinic keratosis. How was it diagnosed?