Patient Comments: Acne (Pimples) - Treatments

At what age did you first start getting pimples? How did (do) you treat breakouts?

Comment from: Daniel W.A., Male (Caregiver) Published: May 23

I have extensive osteoarthritis and had various joint surgeries including bilateral shoulder replacements. My painful left knee has a large red/blueish discoloration which I've discussed with my doctor for several years. It was dismissed as a form of varicose veins, never investigated. Recently I had very painful back of left knee, leg redness, and swelling. The doctor said it was possibly a muscle tear or Baker's cyst, but not a deep vein thrombosis (DVT) as I had queried. I was sent for ultrasound; there was an extensive DVT from ankle to groin! I am now on Xarelto. I am not impressed with the general physician's lack of investigation which may have detected problem years ago.

Comment from: Barb, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: November 03

I was diagnosed with acromegaly in 2010. I had surgery, but they were not able to remove all the tumor so I have been on injections since then. In the last year the 20 mg no longer worked so I had to increase to 30 mg every 28 days. I live with lots of body pain daily. I do not know what the future holds. I have never talked to anybody else with this disease, I would like to know what to expect.

Comment from: Jim, 19-24 Male (Caregiver) Published: October 30

I had an abscess develop on my buttocks once and it festered off and on for about a year. The only treatment given it was to allow it to burst on its own, which it did after a year. I then made a paste of raw garlic and applied it for an hour. No more problem since.

Comment from: Annie l., 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 21

I have been frustrated with pimples (because of the puberty) for years, since I was 14. During that time, I felt sad without any reason and I kept blaming myself. I told my doctor and we talked about birth control being an option to control this type of acne. I was put on the Alesse birth control pill for almost a year. The first couple months were really difficult (emotions wise) but I didn't experience any sort of acne flare up. Much to my surprise the birth control actually worked really well to control my acne for what seemed to be a good year. Then I started to notice my acne getting progressively worse. Instead of a bunch of tiny bumps I was starting to develop huge cystic pimples. I immediately decided to discontinue the birth control seeing that it was no longer working to control the acne. After that I heard about new skincare brand Solvaderm which has innovative skincare treatment, so I started using Zeroblem from Solvaderm brand and got surprising effect within 2-3 weeks. Zeroblem is a dermatologist-developed spot treatment designed to clear up breakouts quickly by intensively targeting and healing unsightly, sore blemishes.

Comment from: Ella, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 02

I had started getting pimples at the age of 21 and I have tried everything to cure it. I am really tired of getting these pimples on my face. I don't know how to deal with these acne and acne scars! Recently I got to know that Solvaderm skin care brand has innovative skin care treatment and have scientifically tested products. Now, I am frustrated of trying home remedies! So, I am thinking of buying a few of the products from Solvaderm.

Acne (Pimples) - Length Symptoms Lasted Question: How long did the symptoms of your acne (pimples) last?
Acne (Pimples) - Share Your Experience Question: Please share your experience with acne (pimples).
Acne (Pimples) - Causes Question: What do you believe is the cause of your acne breakouts?
Acne (Pimples) - Similar Skin Conditions Question: Have you ever had a skin condition that mimicked acne? If so, what was the diagnosis?
Acne (Pimples) - Home Remedies Question: Please share some home remedies to treat acne. How do you treat or cover up a pimple before a special occasion?
Acne (Pimples) - Controlling Your Acne Question: What treatments or products have you used to control your acne (pimples)?
Acne - Skin Care Routine Question: Please describe your skin care routine to control breakouts.
Acne - Doctor Recommendations Question: What medications has your doctor prescribed for your acne? Would you recommend them to a friend?