Patient Comments: Acne (Pimples) - Treatments

At what age did you first start getting pimples? How did (do) you treat breakouts?

Comment from: Deb, 19-24 Male (Caregiver) Published: September 27

My son has had acne since age 15; he is now 21. He has tried every facial wash and cream, including Retin A. The acne is all over his back, and he wears black T-shirts so the blood is not visible. He has gone from a happy, sociable teenager to a house-bound 21-year-old who is not happy. No other family members have had even one pimple. He will have his hormones tested soon. We're getting low on ideas and sad in our lives.

Comment from: viola, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: September 27

My face looks scary because it is filled with acne spots. I have tried all kinds of creams, but there is no improvement. I only stay indoors. I fear looking at people.

Published: March 23

I have suffered from acne since my early teens. I have found that Elemis Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Facial Wash has helped me. I am still not acne free, but I think it has made a difference.

Acne (Pimples) - Length Symptoms Lasted Question: How long did the symptoms of your acne (pimples) last?
Acne (Pimples) - Share Your Experience Question: Please share your experience with acne (pimples).
Acne (Pimples) - Causes Question: What do you believe is the cause of your acne breakouts?
Acne (Pimples) - Similar Skin Conditions Question: Have you ever had a skin condition that mimicked acne? If so, what was the diagnosis?
Acne (Pimples) - Home Remedies Question: Please share some home remedies to treat acne. How do you treat or cover up a pimple before a special occasion?
Acne (Pimples) - Controlling Your Acne Question: What treatments or products have you used to control your acne (pimples)?
Acne - Skin Care Routine Question: Please describe your skin care routine to control breakouts.
Acne - Doctor Recommendations Question: What medications has your doctor prescribed for your acne? Would you recommend them to a friend?