Patient Comments: Acne (Pimples) - Controlling Your Acne

What treatments or products have you used to control your acne (pimples)?

Comment from: spandana, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 24

I used TruSkin for acne. It worked for my skin. After a few days of using it, my pimples have all disappeared.

Comment from: Arpit, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: November 25

I am using the following for treatment of nodules, acne and pigments problem. Isotretinoin capsule, Azifast tablet, Acnesol CL emulsion, AcneGuard soap, erythromycin tablet, Contractubex cream, Clean 3 cream and doxycycline tablet.

Comment from: May, (Caregiver) Published: September 02

I am a dermatherapist working at a medical center. What I have mostly noticed is that reducing the pore size of the skin helps a lot in controlling acne break out even during stressful time. This can be best achieved by firstly addressing any underlying health issues such as hormonal disorders and then by controlling and targeting the acne by using a skin regime that dissolves the excess sebum, inhibits the bacteria, and promotes healthy shedding of dead skin. All of this while tightening up and reducing the pore size of the epidermis. This can be achieved by using different modalities such as microdermabrasion with Epi-Infusion, and light based therapies. Facials using masks such as green tea or charcoal can also be helpful.

Comment from: tobbie, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: July 24

I have been using Glovate (clobetasol propionate USP) to control my acne for the past few days and am seeing some small changes.

Comment from: Ella, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 09

I use Zeroblem for treating acne and its scars. I got to know about it from Solvaderm skin care brand.

Comment from: mom, Female (Caregiver) Published: December 16

I tried castor oil on my daughter's acne. It works. Coat your acne area, use steamer to steam for 10 min, and go to bed. Next morning, the acne is so much better.

Comment from: honey, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 15

I have used St Ives scrub (blemish), Neutrogena, Tretinoin and Tidact.

Comment from: lucy, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 10

I have used hemp oil for acne.

Comment from: denes, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: April 25

I have acne on my back and I have tried to use tea tree oil for a few days. I hope it will help.

Acne (Pimples) - Length Symptoms Lasted Question: How long did the symptoms of your acne (pimples) last?
Acne (Pimples) - Treatments Question: At what age did you first start getting pimples? How did (do) you treat breakouts?
Acne (Pimples) - Share Your Experience Question: Please share your experience with acne (pimples).
Acne (Pimples) - Causes Question: What do you believe is the cause of your acne breakouts?
Acne (Pimples) - Similar Skin Conditions Question: Have you ever had a skin condition that mimicked acne? If so, what was the diagnosis?
Acne (Pimples) - Home Remedies Question: Please share some home remedies to treat acne. How do you treat or cover up a pimple before a special occasion?
Acne - Skin Care Routine Question: Please describe your skin care routine to control breakouts.
Acne - Doctor Recommendations Question: What medications has your doctor prescribed for your acne? Would you recommend them to a friend?