Patient Comments: Acne (Pimples) - Share Your Experience

Please share your experience with acne (pimples).

Comment from: Hanif, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: January 14

One and half year earlier acne started on my face and it got worse with time. I consulted with a lot of dermatologists but nothing helped me. I am a medical student and then I started to study about acne. Now I have clear face with no acne, my age is 20 now, and I was 19 when it started. Some points which I want to tell you are: 1) Please drink plenty of water. 2) Please don't use any local creams that claim that it will cure acne, this and that. 3) Don't use soap on your face, use an oil control face wash. 4) Don't touch your acne. 5) Change the cover of your pillow every day or every second day. 6) Don't use towel to dry your face, use a tissue paper, once you dry your face by towel and then again you use that towel then the germs can attack. 7) Use multivitamins on daily basis. 8) And don't worry about scars left because it will cure with time. 9) And last, it take time to cure, so be patient.

Comment from: suzy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 28

I used to have pimples during my teenage days but it reduced, and now it has come back. For 2 years I have been battling with pimples, for some months it has grown worse like boils, I have used several creams like Skineal and Funbact, but to no avail. I wish I can get a lasting remedy now because I feel so ashamed when I pass and people look at my face. I have stopped even using soap, only water now, because when I try something new it increases, so I am scared now. I was told to drink more water and wash my face regularly, I remember I have used lime and also aloe vera.

Comment from: Sandy, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 18

I have been struggling with acne for all my adult life, i had perfect skin in my teens now very day it seem to get worst. i have been going to many different dermotologist none has been able to cure or control my acne for long periods of time the most i would get is a month free of break out then it just get worst after that. some of the medications i have been on are: Differing Gel, Retin A, Steva Mycin, Solution Gel to name a few. i get so depressed this has greatly affected my selfesteem.

Comment from: 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: March 19

I used Isotretinoin for almost 2 months with a soap named Derma Care and one cream before sleeping to the pimpled area or damaged skin, acne will go away but I need treatment for the scars that are left on my face from the pimples.

Acne (Pimples) - Length Symptoms Lasted Question: How long did the symptoms of your acne (pimples) last?
Acne (Pimples) - Treatments Question: At what age did you first start getting pimples? How did (do) you treat breakouts?
Acne (Pimples) - Causes Question: What do you believe is the cause of your acne breakouts?
Acne (Pimples) - Similar Skin Conditions Question: Have you ever had a skin condition that mimicked acne? If so, what was the diagnosis?
Acne (Pimples) - Home Remedies Question: Please share some home remedies to treat acne. How do you treat or cover up a pimple before a special occasion?
Acne (Pimples) - Controlling Your Acne Question: What treatments or products have you used to control your acne (pimples)?
Acne - Skin Care Routine Question: Please describe your skin care routine to control breakouts.
Acne - Doctor Recommendations Question: What medications has your doctor prescribed for your acne? Would you recommend them to a friend?