Patient Comments: Acne (Pimples) - Length Symptoms Lasted

Question:How long did the symptoms of your acne (pimples) last?

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 01

I'm 27 and I have horrible acne, all over my face neck and back, and I'm cursed, not only did I not start getting acne until I was 20, I found out, the hard way, that I am deathly allergic to benzoyl peroxide. Each menstrual cycle gets worse some of my pimples hurt so bad that I can't even think straight. When my period goes away it takes about a week for the really bad ones to go away, and then 2 weeks later it starts all over again. Wish there was something I could do to stop this horrible cycle.

Acne (Pimples) - Treatments Question: At what age did you first start getting pimples? How did (do) you treat breakouts?
Acne (Pimples) - Share Your Experience Question: Please share your experience with acne (pimples).
Acne (Pimples) - Causes Question: What do you believe is the cause of your acne breakouts?
Acne (Pimples) - Similar Skin Conditions Question: Have you ever had a skin condition that mimicked acne? If so, what was the diagnosis?
Acne (Pimples) - Home Remedies Question: Please share some home remedies to treat acne. How do you treat or cover up a pimple before a special occasion?
Acne (Pimples) - Controlling Your Acne Question: What treatments or products have you used to control your acne (pimples)?
Acne - Skin Care Routine Question: Please describe your skin care routine to control breakouts.
Acne - Doctor Recommendations Question: What medications has your doctor prescribed for your acne? Would you recommend them to a friend?