Patient Comments: Acne (Pimples) - Length Symptoms Lasted

Question:How long did the symptoms of your acne (pimples) last?

Comment from: Melissa, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 25

I have had acne since I was 12. I am 29 now. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't wish it would just wash away. Acne ruined my whole childhood. Plus, I was picked at by my peers. Now I can deal with it emotionally a little better. But the acne is still there. I've tried everything: Pro-active, Retin A. You name it, I've tried it. Some sort of helped, but it always returns. At least I know I'm not alone.

Comment from: becky, 25-34 Female Published: March 10

I have had severe acne since I was 12, and now I am 26. I am still suffering until this day, and it is more frustrating than anything I have been able to overcome in my life. Believe me when I say I have tried so many products, and nothing has worked to keep it away. It really makes a person get to the point of giving up, but I still have hope that someday I will find a cure.

Published: July 28

I have had bouts of acne break-outs since I was a teenager. Currently, I am experiencing a reoccurrence I believe due to premenopause. Whenever I experience hot flashes, I notice break-outs increase. I haven't found anything over the counter or from the doctor that seems to help, although currently I am trying acupuncture to relieve hot flash symptoms and I am hopeful that will calm my skin down.

Published: July 16

I am a victim of the side effects of prednisone, after it was prescribed for me by my doctor due to the allergy I developed. My face is covered severely with acne and blackheads, thanks to this drug, which I didn't know had such adverse side effects. I've battled the acne now for almost a month.

Comment from: Megan, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 18

I do have oily skin and is suffering from having pimples every now and then. I had tried so many ways on how to get rid of these stubborn skin problems, but unfortunately I never succeeded. It also leaves my skin stubborn blemishes and scars. My problem is how to get rid of all these post- pimpled scars without any dermatological procedures. Are there any available over-the-counter meds or products in the market that I could use for my skin problem? I hope to hear from you soon.

Comment from: ihateacne, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 16

I always used to get acne when I had my period. There didn't seem as if I could do anything about it. So I started to take vitamins, C, B and zinc to help, plus a multivitamin. It really did help but I just hated swallowing pills. They made me gag a little! When Better Nutrition recommended this Frutels vitamin chocolate for acne it was like my prayers were answered. Just eat a few Frutels chocolates every day and stop worrying. What a relief! I found them online.

Comment from: tressy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 16

I have had acne off and on my entire life. I sometime have the boil like outbreaks. I continue to deal with acne at 40. I had medications, but I do not want to continue to take medications for acne. I wash daily with a face wash and it helps. Help, I still have breakouts!

Comment from: cal147, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 12

My first pimple was when I was in the third grade. Acne ruined my life and self-esteem. People don't see you the same way when you're left with scars all over your face. Most people think that you're not clean because of your appearance. You can try to cover it up, just like the feelings you have about yourself, but it doesn't go away. Most of the doctors I went to told me that I had to wait a few years before I could get treated. They thought it was nothing. It was a nightmare for me. It's close to 12 years since I realized I had my first pimple. A lot of heartache followed after that. I wish I was treated sooner. Maybe it would have saved me a lot of pain in my life.

Comment from: Jean, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 27

I had acne for 20 years, from age 13 to age 33. Then I quit eating dairy products and have been free of acne every since. I kept my acne under control with Pernox, the only thing that worked, which used to be easily available, but now I can only buy it online. I still use it, as it removes dead skin, keeps my pores open and my skin looking young.

Acne (Pimples) - Treatments Question: At what age did you first start getting pimples? How did (do) you treat breakouts?
Acne (Pimples) - Share Your Experience Question: Please share your experience with acne (pimples).
Acne (Pimples) - Causes Question: What do you believe is the cause of your acne breakouts?
Acne (Pimples) - Similar Skin Conditions Question: Have you ever had a skin condition that mimicked acne? If so, what was the diagnosis?
Acne (Pimples) - Home Remedies Question: Please share some home remedies to treat acne. How do you treat or cover up a pimple before a special occasion?
Acne (Pimples) - Controlling Your Acne Question: What treatments or products have you used to control your acne (pimples)?
Acne - Skin Care Routine Question: Please describe your skin care routine to control breakouts.
Acne - Doctor Recommendations Question: What medications has your doctor prescribed for your acne? Would you recommend them to a friend?