Patient Comments: Achilles Tendon Rupture - Symptoms and Signs

What symptoms and signs did you experience with your Achilles tendon rupture?

Comment from: Chris, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: January 21

I heard a loud pop sound (no one else heard it though) and felt like someone had hit my heel with a hockey stick when my Achilles tendon ruptured. I fell down and when I touched the area my finger went in as if there was nothing there!

Comment from: RAVINDRA MG, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: February 11

While I was walking as usual in the morning I heard a pop sound below my leg. I thought I had stepped on some plastic pipe/sheet. I lifted my shoe and saw nothing. Sudden numbness started at my toes and stretching pain in my calf muscles. I sat for some time and went home on my vehicle. I got operated.

Achilles Tendon Rupture - Recovery Question: Please describe your recovery after receiving treatment for a ruptured Achilles tendon.