- Type 2 Diabetes: Learn the Warning Signs
- Diabetes Friendly Dining
- Type 2 Diabetes: Test Your Medical IQ
- What is acarbose, and how does it work?
- What brand names are available for acarbose?
- IIs acarbose available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for acarbose?
- What are the uses for acarbose?
- WWhat are the side effects of acarbose?
- WWhat is the treatment dosage for acarbose?
- WWhich drugs or supplements interact with acarbose?
- Is acarbose safe to use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding?
- WWhat else should I know about acarbose?
IIs acarbose available as a generic drug?
- Yes. This diabetes drug is available as generic, and is as an oral tablet.
Do I need a prescription for acarbose?
- Yes. A prescription is necessary to obtain this diabetes drug.
Quick GuideDiabetes Diet: Healthy Meal Plans for Diabetes-Friendly Eating
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.