Patient Comments: Abscessed Tooth - Home Remedies

Did you try a home remedy for your abscessed tooth?

Comment from: bugnutz, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 21

I have some cephalexin that was prescribed for my dog, and some doxycycline and hydrocodone left over from a previous surgery that I didn't use. Also using ibuprofen alternating it with the hydrocodone. I thought I had a sinus infection because I had a sinus headache, so I didn't catch the tooth abscess right away. I was already in a lot of pain from the sinuses. But I don't have dental insurance so I am taking those for now for a couple of days, with vitamin C and hoping they work. I am also swishing hydrogen peroxide and brushing with Periogard, especially at the site, and swabbing it with tea tree oil. I can't tell for sure which tooth it is, so am just doing the whole area, even though it is numb on the surface. I hate taking all these medications, but feel so sick, but the medications make me feel worse though, I think.

Abscessed Tooth - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience when you had an abscessed tooth?
Abscessed Tooth - Treatment Question: What treatment did you have for your abscessed tooth?
Abscessed Tooth - Complications Question: Did you suffer any complications from your abscessed tooth?