Abscessed Tooth Guide Index
An abscessed tooth is an infection within a tooth that has spread to the root. Symptoms of an abscessed tooth may include pain, swelling, tenderness, redness, and the presence of a pus-filled lesion on the gum. A dental professional diagnoses an abscessed tooth and dental X-rays may be required. An abscessed tooth is treated with a root canal.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Picture of Teeth
The teeth are the hardest substances in the human body. See a picture of the Teeth and learn more about the health topic....learn more »
Cellulitis is an acute spreading bacterial infection below the surface of the skin characterized by redness, warmth,...learn more »
Swollen Lymph Nodes
Lymph nodes help the body's immune system fight infections. Causes of swollen lymph nodes (glands) may include infection (viral,...learn more »
Although a fever technically is any body temperature above the normal of 98.6 F (37 C), in practice, a person is usually not...learn more »
In This Article
- Fever facts
- What is a fever?
- What causes a fever?
- What are the signs and symptoms of a fever?
- How do health-care professionals diagnose a fever?
- How should someone take a temperature for fever?
- What is the treatment for a fever?
- What are home remedies for a fever?
- When should someone seek medical care for a fever?
- What kind of doctors treat a fever?
- What are complications of a fever?
- What is the prognosis for a fever?
- Is it possible to prevent a fever?
- Where can people find more information about fevers?
Gum disease is caused by plaque and may result in tooth loss without proper treatment. Symptoms and signs of gum disease...learn more »
In This Article
Gum Disease Article
- What is gum disease (gingivitis)?
- What is the difference between gingivitis and periodontal disease?
- What causes gum disease?
- Does gum disease cause bad breath?
- What does gum disease look like? What are gum disease symptoms and signs?
- How do health-care professionals diagnose gum disease?
- What is the treatment for gum disease?
- What types of specialists treat gum disease?
- What types of medication are used to treat gum disease?
- Are home remedies or natural treatments effective for gum disease?
- Is it possible to reverse gum disease?
- Is gum disease associated with other health problems?
- How is gum disease managed in children?
- How is gum disease managed in pregnancy?
- Is it possible to prevent gum disease?
- What is the best toothpaste to use to prevent gum disease?
- Is gum disease contagious?
Wisdom teeth are the third set of molars that people get in their late teens or early twenties. Impacted wisdom teeth that only...learn more »
In This Article
Wisdom Teeth Article
- What are wisdom teeth?
- How do I know if I have wisdom teeth?
- Do all wisdom teeth need to be extracted?
- What are signs and symptoms of an infected wisdom tooth?
- What if the wisdom teeth hurt and they cannot be extracted right away?
- Are home remedies effective for treating wisdom tooth pain?
- How is wisdom tooth extraction performed?
- What is the recovery
time after wisdom teeth extraction?
- What can I eat after getting my wisdom teeth out?
- What are the potential risks and complications of wisdom teeth extraction?
- How much does wisdom tooth removal cost?