Patient Comments: Abdominal Pain - Symptoms

What symptoms were associated with your case of abdominal pain?

Comment from: robin, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 27

The abdominal pain came on suddenly. Pain is never ending. Sometimes a dull burning ache other times a stabbing feeling. So painful it takes my breath away. I feel it mostly in the upper right quadrant area. But in the past week it has moved to include also some aching in the right lower pelvic area. I also have little appetite, nausea, and swelling in left leg. I have lupus, Behcet's asthma, and a benign meningioma. Doctors have checked (via ultrasound) liver, pancreas, spleen, kidneys and aorta, which were unremarkable.

Comment from: geannie, Female (Patient) Published: April 20

I have vomiting shortly after eating, with pain in the mid-abdomen. The doctor said there is no treatment for it. It started in October every year. Then after a few years it is now occurring more frequently and year round. The doctor called it a mystery illness.

Comment from: Lavinia, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 16

I have been having abdominal pain as well as lower back pain and chest pain for the last couples of weeks now. I sometimes even find it hard to walk when I sit for too long without moving, and I first thought that all this is new period pain since I have been having terrible period pain ever since I can remember. Until now I haven't seen any doctor to check up on me and am too worried that this could be something serious.

Comment from: Dee, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 10

My abdominal pain is in the upper area (under the breast) that shoots to my back. When it is not sharp it is dull. Sometimes it hurts when laughing and when it is sharp it is painful.

Comment from: Olgivy, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: December 31

I have left lower quadrant abdominal pain, and a feeling of wanting to throw up two times yesterday. I took 2 oz. aloe vera and felt a bit nauseous. One hour later I drank one glass water and felt good. Pain has now slightly diminished.

Comment from: Inpain, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: November 29

I'm getting pain in my lower left abdomen to the back but the pain is relieved when I pass urine.

Comment from: Ash, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: June 09

I have a pain about 5 inches to the left of navel, 1 inch down.

Comment from: zuhra, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: November 19

I have lower abdominal pain with vomiting. After vomiting my pain reduces, but I feel more pain during jarring movement.

Abdominal Pain - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with abdominal pain.
Abdominal Pain - Cause Question: What was the cause(s) of your case of abdominal pain?
Abdominal Pain - Diagnosis Question: How was your case of abdominal pain diagnosed?
Abdominal Pain - Medications Question: What medications were prescribed for your case of abdominal pain?