Patient Comments: Abdominal Pain - Experience

Please describe your experience with abdominal pain.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 22

I have had severe abdominal pain for about a year now. I have had CT scans x-rays and a colonoscopy and everything has been normal. But any time I eat I am in pain, bloating and bad gas. The doctors say nothing is wrong but I live in pain.

Comment from: jennifer h., 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 08

I have pain in upper stomach lasting for hours. It hurts even more after eating or drinking. The pain goes around to my back on right side. It has been going on for a week but got worse today. It gets so bad I cry. I have tried taking gas medicine but doesnt work. I can't take the pain anymore.

Comment from: cynan g., 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 23

I have had stomach pain for about 6 days now. The first 3 days pain was located at the upper part of my pelvic area and every 20 minutes I felt like urinating. I went to the doctor and took medicine for 3 days, but still the pain stays in my abdomen. I went to the doctor again and he has said it is the food I ate. I took medicine for 3 days again but, but I still feel the pain until now. The doctor did ultra sound and said there was no problem, just a little with my intestine.

Comment from: Cookiemedic, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 20

I have been having a strange abdominal pain/tingling/tightening anywhere from a couple a day to frequent attacks that last approximately 2 minutes or less. They are usually followed by a hot flash lasting the same amount of time. The pain severity seem to match the intensity of the 'power surge'. I have an aunt who died from pancreatic cancer, my mother from metastatic melanoma and her cousin also died from pancreatic cancer. Ultrasound found nothing. I am scheduled for a CT. When my breast revealed a lump (8 months ago), I stopped my Prempro and the pains started soon after. The lump has not grown and is monitored every 6 months.

Comment from: Barbara, 65-74 (Patient) Published: November 25

I have abdominal pain under the rib cage in right quadrant and now it goes to the left quadrant and around my back. I have had the gall bladder removed. I am taking a protonic and probiotics. I have been diagnosed with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) for some time but it has never been this bad. I have had CT scans of kidneys, liver, and pancreas. It was clear but I worry about cancer of the pancreas.

Comment from: Phillipscristy, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 16

My abdominal pain is on the right side. It aches and I can't tell if it is the colon or ovaries.

Comment from: vince, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: January 20

The pain is constant cramping on the right side of abdomen. I have stomach and back pain.

Comment from: tammy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 20

I have had all my female parts removed, ovaries too but the doctor had to use a bladder sling. Now I am having server low stomach pain.

Abdominal Pain - Cause Question: What was the cause(s) of your case of abdominal pain?
Abdominal Pain - Diagnosis Question: How was your case of abdominal pain diagnosed?
Abdominal Pain - Medications Question: What medications were prescribed for your case of abdominal pain?
Abdominal Pain - Symptoms Question: What symptoms were associated with your case of abdominal pain?