Patient Comments: Abdominal Pain - Experience

Please describe your experience with abdominal pain.

Comment from: cynan g., 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 23

I have had stomach pain for about 6 days now. The first 3 days pain was located at the upper part of my pelvic area and every 20 minutes I felt like urinating. I went to the doctor and took medicine for 3 days, but still the pain stays in my abdomen. I went to the doctor again and he has said it is the food I ate. I took medicine for 3 days again but, but I still feel the pain until now. The doctor did ultra sound and said there was no problem, just a little with my intestine.

Comment from: Cookiemedic, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 20

I have been having a strange abdominal pain/tingling/tightening anywhere from a couple a day to frequent attacks that last approximately 2 minutes or less. They are usually followed by a hot flash lasting the same amount of time. The pain severity seem to match the intensity of the 'power surge'. I have an aunt who died from pancreatic cancer, my mother from metastatic melanoma and her cousin also died from pancreatic cancer. Ultrasound found nothing. I am scheduled for a CT. When my breast revealed a lump (8 months ago), I stopped my Prempro and the pains started soon after. The lump has not grown and is monitored every 6 months.

Comment from: Barbara, 65-74 (Patient) Published: November 25

I have abdominal pain under the rib cage in right quadrant and now it goes to the left quadrant and around my back. I have had the gall bladder removed. I am taking a protonic and probiotics. I have been diagnosed with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) for some time but it has never been this bad. I have had CT scans of kidneys, liver, and pancreas. It was clear but I worry about cancer of the pancreas.

Comment from: Lakesuperior, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 21

I am experiencing upper stomach pain, with feeling of sudden chills, light headache, nausea, some vomiting, and a 'weird' feeling. It has happened three times. I had a severe case 6 years ago, and collapsed for 2 to 3 minutes while vomiting.

Comment from: E Alemu, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: July 14

There's a pinching feeling in my stomach, almost like a sharp scraping of the walls or like something is pinching the walls in, from inside my stomach. It happens a while after I eat, and I also feel it in my intestines sometimes as well.

Comment from: tammy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 20

I have had all my female parts removed, ovaries too but the doctor had to use a bladder sling. Now I am having server low stomach pain.

Comment from: sissy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 22

I have abdominal pain in the center and low right side, and slight swelling on low right side with gas, constipation, nausea, also with heartburn and indigestion, especially when I lie down.

Comment from: paleryder44, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 14

I believe I have ischemic colitis. I have been to an emergency room (ER) four times and denied admission four times. I saw a gastroenterologist and he thought it might be bacterial infection but stool cultures are all negative. The general doctor thought it might be diverticula flare up but it was not seen on not contrast CT, though I presented with both kidney and abdominal pain in the ER. I have high sodium, high chloride, elevated bilirubin, elevated ALT, elevated CPR, and high white count. My symptoms are high white blood count 19.8, acidosis, low amylase on multiple blood tests, pain after eating, on left side of abdomen diffuse, not in one spot, significant under left lower rib cage, consistent fever of 99.4, weakness/dizziness, low blood pressure, kidney pain (left sided) and sudden swelling in left leg.

Abdominal Pain - Cause Question: What was the cause(s) of your case of abdominal pain?
Abdominal Pain - Diagnosis Question: How was your case of abdominal pain diagnosed?
Abdominal Pain - Medications Question: What medications were prescribed for your case of abdominal pain?
Abdominal Pain - Symptoms Question: What symptoms were associated with your case of abdominal pain?