Patient Comments: Abdominal Pain - Experience

Please describe your experience with abdominal pain.

Comment from: Brenda, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 26

I have a very sharp pain on the left side of my waist.

Comment from: reneeo, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 04

I"m going through the exact abdominal pain right now and feel like I"m going to die! Mine's been going on now for 5 months. My pain is right at the base of my rib cage, right in the center. I don"t drink, eat spicy food, or eat anything that is acidic, but I do smoke.

Comment from: bruce, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 28

I have stomach pain every day. I have been to several doctors and none of them can find anything wrong. I have had all kinds of tests done. I have congestive heart failure and coronary artery disease too. It hurts when I walk and sometimes when I am sitting still, and it also wakes me up in my sleep.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I have cramping from the upper to lower abdominals lasting a couple seconds then stopping every couple of minutes. I have bloating and am a bit nauseous also with the feeling of having to go to the bathroom but can't. I took Phazyme and Pepto-Bismol an hour ago but it is not working.

Comment from: Concerned, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I have severe stomach pain cramps, scale 1-10 is a 10. I can't move. I force myself to get to the bathroom and just lay on the cold floor, then have a bowel movement, diarrhea and vomit. This will last at least an hour. In the morning I feel okay.

Comment from: worried mom, Female (Caregiver) Published: October 02

My 16-year-old son woke up a year ago with a stomachache and a headache and has had both, nonstop ever since. He has been to GIs, had two endoscopies, a colonoscopy, a brain MRI, a CT scan of his appendix, numerous blood panels and stool samples to check for parasites. The tests showed some inflammation in his stomach, as well as his ilium. He has been tested for allergies, which all came back normal. No medication has helped his stomach pain or headache. He wakes up and goes to sleep with the pain, which spikes throughout the day. The doctors don't know what is wrong and so they are slapping the IBS label on him, with which I totally disagree. A healthy boy just doesn't wake up one morning with a stomachache and headache that lasts (so far) for this long. Next month, I'm taking him to a new doctor. Hopefully, the doctor will be proactive and help my son get better.

Comment from: mmabatho, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 11

I only experience the abdominal pain when I"m in bed, it's on the upper left side of my stomach.

Comment from: bob jan2325, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: February 04

I have had pain and nausea for many years.

Comment from: wayne, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: December 30

I have abdominal pain. I don't if it is food poison or I strained myself lifting something.

Abdominal Pain - Cause Question: What was the cause(s) of your case of abdominal pain?
Abdominal Pain - Diagnosis Question: How was your case of abdominal pain diagnosed?
Abdominal Pain - Medications Question: What medications were prescribed for your case of abdominal pain?