- A Guide to Migraine Headaches
- Headache and Migraine Triggers
- Take the Migraines Quiz
- Patient Comments: Abdominal Migraines - Signs and Symptoms
- Patient Comments: Abdominal Migraines - Diagnosis
- Patient Comments: Abdominal Migraines - Experience
- Patient Comments: Abdominal Migraine - Treatments
- Find a local Doctor in your town
- Abdominal migraine in children facts
- What is abdominal migraine?
- What causes abdominal migraine?
- What are the symptoms of abdominal migraine?
- How is abdominal migraine diagnosed?
- What is the treatment of abdominal migraine?
- Medications to treat abdominal migraine
- What is the prognosis for abdominal migraine?
What is the prognosis for abdominal migraine?
The prognosis for abdominal migraine is good; most children eventually stop having the attacks of abdominal pain. However, most children (about 70% in one study of 54 children) who have abdominal migraine go on to develop migraines in adulthood.
MedscapeReference.com. Childhood Migraine Variants.
Dignan F, Abu-Arafeh I, Russell G. The prognosis of childhood abdominal migraine. Arch Dis Child. 2001 May;84(5):415-8.