Patient Comments: Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your abdominal aortic aneurysm?

Comment from: AAAfather, 65-74 Male (Caregiver) Published: August 14

My father is a Veteran and seeks medical help from the VA. He is 68 years old and went in for just some tests due to his age last month. The doctors discovered that he had an AAA. The aneurysm is too large for a stent. He is having surgery next week. My father has always received wonderful care through the VA. However, he's never had any major issues in the past. Our family is very afraid due to the risks of this surgery.

Comment from: Threalscreener, 75 or over Male Published: August 14

I've just accidentally found out that I have a abdominal aortic aneurysm of 4.9. My health has been great, with no signs of any heart condition. I'm 80 years old and in perfect health. So where did I get this bulge? When? Don't know, don't care, I'm getting rid of it with a stent. Good riddance I say!

Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with an abdominal aortic aneurysm.
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm - Surgery Experience Question: Did you or a relative have surgery for an abdominal aortic aneurysm? What was the outcome?
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm - Rupture Question: Do you have a friend or relative who had a ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm? Please share your experience.