Patient Comments: Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm - Surgery Experience

Did you or a relative have surgery for an abdominal aortic aneurysm? What was the outcome?

Comment from: IMJAZZED, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: December 05

They found my Aorta Aneurysm by accident. They watched it grow for three years and then put a stent in through my groin area. The operation lasted around 2 1/2 hrs. I spent 4 days in the hospital and 2 weeks recovering at home. It's been a month and a half and I feel great. I'm a 66 year old male.

Comment from: audrey, 65-74 (Caregiver) Published: June 12

My mother was operated on, as she had an abdominal aortic aneurysm. She died two days later. She was 70 years old. Now I have been told that my twin sister, who is 65, has had an ultrasound and she has an aneurysm on her abdominal aorta.

Comment from: Shirley Johnson, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 08

I had stents but it leaked, so I had surgery in November 3th,2012. I am doing good, no pain and I take pills for blood pressure. I smoke the electronic cigs. now. I am having some problems with my intestines. The doctor could not put them back flat, so I look like I am three months along. But I am very glad to be alive, and I hope to live more years.

Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with an abdominal aortic aneurysm.
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with your abdominal aortic aneurysm?
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm - Rupture Question: Do you have a friend or relative who had a ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm? Please share your experience.