Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Index
Abdominal aortic aneurysm is a ballooning or widening of the main artery (the aorta) as it courses down through the abdomen. Most abdominal aortic aneurysms produce no symptoms. Treatment may include observation or surgical repair.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Kidney pain has a variety of causes and symptoms. Infection, injury, trauma, bleeding disorders, and less common conditions may...learn more »
Lower Back Pain
There are many causes of back pain. Pain in the low back can relate to the bony lumbar spine, discs between the vertebrae,...learn more »
In This Article
Sexually Transmitted Diseases in Women (STD) Article
- Sexually transmitted disease (STD) definition and facts
- What are sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)?
- 1. Gonorrhea
- 2. Chlamydia
- 4. Syphilis
- 5. Genital herpes
- 6. Human papillomaviruses (HPVs) and genital warts
- 7. Chancroid
- 8. Pubic lice and scabies (ectoparasitic infections)
- 9. HIV and AIDS
- 10. Hepatitis B
- 11. Hepatitis C
- 12. Zika virus
- Which specialties of doctors treat STDs in women?
In This Article
Diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2) Article
- Diabetes type 1 and type 2 definition and facts
- What is diabetes?
- How many people in the US have diabetes?
- 9 early signs and symptoms of diabetes
- How do I know if I have diabetes?
- What causes diabetes?
- What are the risk factors for diabetes?
- What are the different types of diabetes?
- What is type 1 diabetes
- What is type 2 diabetes
- What are the other types of diabetes?
- What kind of doctor treats diabetes?
- How is diabetes diagnosed?
- Why is blood sugar checked at home?
- What are the acute complications of diabetes?
- What are the chronic complications of diabetes?
- What can be done to slow the complications of diabetes?
- What is the prognosis for a person with diabetes?