Patient Comments: Abdominal Adhesions - Treatment

How were your abdominal adhesions or intestinal obstructions treated? Did you have surgery?

Comment from: givemeananswer, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 08

I had three laparoscopic surgeries in which adhesions were found. The first makes no mention as to what procedure if any was used to address them, the second they were lysed and the third they were taken down bluntly, as well as two others lysed using C02 laser. In my fourth surgery the laparotomy when the removed my uterus and cervix there was no mention of any adhesions.

Comment from: Lynne, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 01

I had a bowel obstruction in 2009 due to scar tissue but avoided surgery after 3 days with an NG (nasogastric) tube. I find being at high altitudes and having alcohol causes recurrence of a partial blockage. Also diet plays a factor; not eating high fiber, bread, etc. I hope this information might help others. My scar tissue is the results of 2 caesareans as well as surgery to repair a ruptured ovarian cyst. I hate that it is impacting my life and am considering surgery so that I don't have to fear going to high altitude locations. I am hoping if I have surgery, the risk of recurrent scar tissue may take many years to occur but give me better quality of life now.

Comment from: kidney cyst, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 03

I was hospitalized for intestinal obstructions. They siphoned all the green liquids in my intestines for hours until my system became normal.

Comment from: Annie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 23

Adhesional band blocked my small bowel 34 years after cesariann section .There were no warning sign or pain .On the day of being rushed in to A and E I had severe stomach cramping pain and vomiting projectile green bile . I had emergency surgery and am now worried the new scar will do the same thing

Abdominal Adhesions - Causes Question: If known, what was the cause of your abdominal adhesions?
Abdominal Adhesions - Symptoms Question: Describe the symptoms associated with your abdominal adhesions.
Abdominal Adhesions - Infertility Question: Are abdominal adhesions the cause of your infertility? Please share your experience.
Abdominal Adhesions - Diagnosis Question: Discuss the events that led to a diagnosis of abdominal adhesions.